Tuesday, October 3, 2006

My thoughts and musings...

Good morning!  Let's see....has it been?  Yes, the sun is shining, I am blessed beyond measure, and I am alive and well.  It has been a busy morning around this house already and  it is only 9am.  Already, the garage door has been fixed, the cable company is on their way to see what the problem has been with our connection (and of course the internet and cable are running fine this morning), made several phone calls, cleaned up the kitchen and working on laundry....but now it is time for my time.  I do this almost every morning....at least I try to...sit down with my breakfast and a glass of tea  and read my email and look at some websites....

Today is also Ten on Tuesday....and you will find that at the bottom of this post.  I want you all to know that I am really enjoying writing to this website because it makes me think about things that I normally wouldn't think about and it makes me search my memory to record things that maybe I might not have written down without having a place to do so....all that I write for you to read is saved and I will look back at it and someday my children will probably look back at it and wonder, laugh, cry....who knows???  I was thinking about this last night when I was reading some emails....why do I write and record things?  why do I attempt to scrapbook?   Well, for my children... 

 Because I want them to understand how important family is and how lost you would be without people who love you. Because I want them to value friendships and relationships and treasure the moments that they share with their dear friends.  Because I want to teach them that every moment in time is significant and meaningful and not to let time pass you by too quickly....take advantage of every moment that you are given.  Because I want them to understand how much I love them and how special they are.  Because I want them to know where they come from and how they became who they are.  Because I want them to understand and love traditions and to carry them on with their children....oh there are so many reasons why I scrapbook and try to do things that will leave something for my children to look back at in later years...I just hope that someday it will all be meaningful to them too!

Now to switch gears a little....here is a little fun list for you today. 

 

Top Ten Things That Adults Learn From Kids:

  1. There is no such thing as child-proofing your house.
  2. A 3 years-old's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
  3. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "Uh-oh;" it's already too late.
  4. Play-Doh and Microwave should never be used in the same sentence.
  5. Super glue is forever.
  6. No matter how much Jello you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
  7. You probably do not want to know what that odor is.
  8. Always look in the oven before you turn it on.
  9. Quiet does not necessarily mean don't worry.
  10. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy. It will however make cats dizzy.

I got these from a website that I found the other day and I laughed till it hurt....mainly because I know my day is coming....and I will experience some of these.  There were lots of good, humorous things I found....I may do a few more in the next few days if you all like these.  Enjoy and have a good day!  :)



2 comments:

Telah said...

Heh Heh...Those were good. I am doing a page in a friend's scrapbook for our Circle Journal group. Her theme is "Things I've Learned" and I am going to do mine on "Things I've learned from having children" I may have to snatch a few of these to go along with mine! Hey...You need to come scrap with us this Friday night!
~Telah

Heather said...

ok...I can't stand it anymore...what is a circle journal? and how do you do it? and I want to be involved? :(
as for scrapping on Friday....you I just might be there....email me the details....I will have to talk to the hubby! love ya!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations