Wednesday, October 25, 2006

There's more than corn in Indiana...

I think about this song everytime that I drive to my hometown and everytime I drive back towards Alabama.  It was a cute little tune to a commercial that I used to hear all the time growing up....advertising an amusement park in the northern part of the state....Indiana Beach...and to my amazement it is still around.  Granted, I am sure it has changed since the last time I visited it ???? years ago.  I don't even remember the last time that I was there....but I can still see that  big ole' crow and that commercial on the TV screen and hear the song in my head....There's more than corn in Indiana...at the super sensational, exciting vacational, Indiana Beach!  Now, I could hum you the tune....but it is just something that you would have to hear for yourself!  :) 

And yes, there is much more than corn in Indiana for me!  There is family, love, warmth, home, and memories....lots and lots of memories I was born in Bloomington and grew up right there too.  A majority of my family still lives there and I try my best to get up there as often as I possibly can to visit.  Over the last few years, Shane and I don't go as much as we should....or even as much as when we first got married.  I guess I make too many excuses...but it is more difficult with children...especially three of them!  Although, they absolutely love to go up there....especially when they get to see snow! 

As we were driving back yesterday I kept thinking about what I could write about and how I would tell about our trip.  Well, let me tell you that we had a great time!  It was great to see our family and spend quality time with them!  We remembered funny moments from the past and made memories that will be in our hearts forever!  I took lots of pictures...too many to post here....however, just let me give you some of the highlights and summarize our trip.

  • Parker got to meet his Grandpa Dan and Grandma Patty for the first time

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Mallory got to help Pappaw dig sweet potatoes in the garden...she could not wait to get out there and get dirty! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • We celebrated all the September and October birthdays in our family....Happy Birthday to Patty, Adrienne, Tim, Brittany, and Chad!  It was a blast and the cake was yummy!

 

 

 

 

  • Grandpa Dan introduced us to some new computer stuff and we were hooked.  He taught Mallory how to use the new game...Zuma....and he showed me about a new messaging service called Trillian.  Both of them are awesome and I am loving using both of them....but be careful...if you decide to download Zuma...it is addicting! Once I started playing the game it was hard to stop....it is like the energizer bunny...you just keep going and going!

 

 

  • We had great food, fun times, lots to do, many good memories, and a very hectic household.  I think there were sixteen there for supper on Monday night.  We had a good home cooked meal of fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, homemade yeast rolls, yummy sweet potatoes, homemade slaw, and I can't even remember what else...but it was so good and I enjoyed it so much!  BTW, I have a couple of new recipes that I got from my Gram that I am gonna post to the recipe page also.  One is for homemade apple butter and it is out of this world!  My Gram made some and we had it on our biscuits one morning....so I brought the recipe home and  I am gonna attempt to make some of it!  Can't wait!  Yummmy!!!!!

There are so many things that I could go on about, but I know this post is already long and I think you get the idea....WE ABSOLUTELY HAD A GREAT TIME!  We loved the visit and the fun we had....lots of memories for my girls and for us....and that is what it is all about!  FAMILY MEMORIES!!!

A little piece of advice....Take advantage of every minute that you are blessed with....you just don't know how many minutes or how much time you will have here on this earth with your family.  Tell them that you love them and make lots of great memories to have as you grow old!

Have a great night and day tomorrow!  Take care!



2 comments:

Brittany said...

glad you had a good time!

lindey said...

what a great blog subject!
glad you all had a safe trip & good time with family :o) & you're so right...gotta make the most of the time we have!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations