Thursday, October 19, 2006

Family is so important...

We went to Memphis this past Saturday to meet up with my grandparents, Pap and Gram.   Mallory and Kennedy could hardly wait to get there and see them and they hated to leave!  They always hate to leave them and it makes me so sad when we have to leave!  I am so glad that they love being with them and that they are having the same opportunity that I had growing up...of getting to know these wonderful people and getting to spend time with them while they are young.  Even though they don't know it now...someday they will realize how blessed they truly are to know their "Pap and Gram" and to have got to make some wonderful memories with them to carry all throughout their lives!

Pap and Gram were driving down to Memphis from Indiana to attend the Spiritual Sword Lectureships at Getwell.  So we decided to drive over and meet up with them since it is only a short drive for us over to Memphis.  We got there on Saturday afternoon and spent the night and then went to church with them on Sunday. Saturday night we all went to Olive Garden and ate supper!  Yummy!  I love that place, but we hardly ever go unless we are with Pap and Gram because nobody in my little crew really cares for it but me. 

Of course, it would not be right if the kids didn't get a surprise when we arrived.....I guess.  Or at least that is what the "grandparents" must think....because they are always getting them something.  I knew ahead of time that they were getting something for them since I had already been asked if they liked this...or do you think they will like that???  LOL  The answer is YES!  Anything you give my kids they will like....they just like surprises!  Mallory got her first dose of American Girl stuff...and I have a strong feeling that this won't be the last of it either.  She is in love with American Girl now!!!  Of course, the one she got was Molly....which is her nickname that my grandparents call her and she just giggles every time she tells someone about that!

Kennedy has been begging for a Doodle something...it didn't matter what...just something.  Mallory had a Doodle pet and doll and Kennedy has been whining for one too...so I dropped that bug.  Well...low and behold...what do you think showed up in Memphis???   That is right!  A Doodle Bear....and I think it was the deluxe edition...whatever that means! :)  She loves it and is loving the fact that now she has one too!  How cool is that? 

And of course it wouldn't be complete if Parker didn't get something .... right?  WRONG!  He is five months old!  He doesn't know the difference!  LOL!  But anyhow....they did!  So he came home with a toy too and I had to find a place to put it....but I will have to admit that he has been entertained by it when I show it to him and seems to like the little rings that are on it!  :)

As you can tell, we all had a great time and the kids were so loving seeing Pap and Gram! What is so funny is that we are leaving tomorrow to meet them back up in Indiana and stay several days with them.  My parents flew into Indianapolis last night from Houston, Texas and so we are driving the 6 hours to my grandparents house to visit instead of the 14 hours to Houston to visit!  This will be the first time that my parents have gotten to see Parker and they haven't seen the girls since last October...so it will be a great trip and so good to get to see them again!

I said all this to say that family truly is so important.  I hope that I am instilling this in my children and teaching them to connect and stay close to their roots!  I am so glad that they are having the opportunity to grow up knowing their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I always loved visiting and being around extended family when I was growing up.  It was always something I looked forward to and enjoyed and I want them to feel the same!  Can't wait till this weekend!



2 comments:

Brittany said...

wish i could be there too! :(

Heather said...

Awww...I wasn't trying to make you sad. Sorry. You will get to come next time hopefully! Be good while the parents are gone! Don't get in any trouble! :)

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations