Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Working on .....

Well, I can answer that one with an astounding ... my prayer life.  There are many times when I really struggle with giving things over to God and with praying enough in good times and in bad times....in a nutshell...I just don't feel like I talk to God enough and I know I need to focus on it so much more.  That is a goal I have set for myself and I am working on daily.  Recently, some events have happened that have caused me to stop and pray and then wonder....why I don't take the time to stop and pray more often?  Do I spend enough time each day talking to God in prayer?  NO!  Do I set a good example for my children and encourage them to pray without ceasing?  Well, I try, but I think I could do better....and be a better example for them and others.  I don't know how many of you have a prayer list....we see one in our weekly bulletin from church each week and I see them in various other bulletins that we receive in the mail....so I decided that I am going to start one here too....feel free to add names or things that you would like people to pray for....you can be generic or specific....whatever you feel comfortable with....I know that prayer is powerful and when friends ask us to pray for them, I want to do just that and ask others to pray for them too...so will you help me?

Please pray for:

The Norris Family - for comfort, for understanding, for strength,

The Boyles Family - for patience, for faith that everything will be alright, for a quick resolution to the situation, for strength

These are two families that are friends of ours and that are on my mind right now....I will update this and add more names periodically and if I seem to get a good response I will just add a list in one of the columns that you can click on and see all the names that people have submitted....thanks for reading this and thanks for your participation if you are praying for these families...I know they would appreciate it!  :)



2 comments:

Telah said...

I like your idea for the prayer list. You can add the Jennifer Jones family to it. She has been in and out of the hospital a lot in the last few weeks. She is just a little older than we are.

Heather said...

Thanks Telah! I will do that! Hopefully I will get a running list in the sidebar soon.

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations