Thursday, October 19, 2006

What I have learned...

Tonight I tried something new that I normally don't do...I took a random picture for no real reason, except that I liked what I saw.  I was looking out my kitchen window, after what was a rather yucky day, weather wise, and saw this... and I had to

 

 

 

 

 

take some pictures.  I have been taking a photography class and like to feel like I have learned a few things in class and I wanted to play with some settings on my camera and see what kind of results I could get....well this is what I came up with from my patio.  I was pretty pleased!  :)

Now if I can just learn a little more about Photoshop and how to tweak the many, many, many pictures I have saved on my hard drive!  :)

Only one more day of school left this week.  Today was Hat/camo day and of course Mallory dressed for the part.   She didn't have any camo to wear, but she did borrow one of her daddy's hats to wear.  She doesn't look too thrilled to get her picture made...does she?  Hmm...might have something to do with the time of morning?  :)

Tomorrow is school spirit day!  That will be easy and fun too.  I think they are having a pep rally right before school let's out for the day.  Nothing like that....get the kids all excited and hyper....and then let them go home to their parents!  Don't you love it! 

We will be off to Indiana after Mallory gets home tomorrow for a few days to visit with family.  The girls are excited to see the grandparents! 



4 comments:

Telah said...

The fall colors of the trees is absolutely beautiful. You took great pictures. I work tomorrow so may not get to talk to you. Be careful and have a great time on your trip!

Amy Mowbray said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I love this time of year.
Hope you guys have a great trip!

Jamie said...

The fall photos are gorgeous!!
Hope your week is off to a great start!

lindey said...

these photos are beautiful!
it is amazing that that's what you see out of your window...i may be a little envious...we hardly have a fall here in mississippi.

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations