Saturday, October 14, 2006

Milestone Markers in our busy life...

Wow!  This week has flown by and I mean flown by...I don't know where all the time has gone!  Well, I mean I guess I do, but it just doesn't seem possible that it is already Friday night.  We have been busy, busy, busy this week and having a lot of fun too.  Mallory was on her Fall Break from school at the beginning of the week.  She was out on Mon.-Wed. and then went back on Thursday.  Why in the world they were out on M-W instead of W-F?  I have no earthly idea!  I don't make the calendar, but it sure wouldn't have been my first choice.  Anyway, we are back to regular school schedule and I don't think I have ever been so glad to see a Thursday morning roll around as I was yesterday morning.  :)  Not that I didn't love having her home and spending some quality time with her...because I did....but I was a little tired of the screaming that she and Kennedy were doing at each other!  :)

Speaking of Mallory...she is so proud of her four loose teeth and one of them is really starting to wiggle around a lot. She thinks she is big stuff and keeps asking me if it is loose enough to pull yet.  I think it is so funny!  I can remember being like her and being so excited about having a loose tooth!  And I can remember being told all kinds of stories about how to get rid of that loose tooth...everything from tying a string around it...to yanking it out with pliers!  She has hit one of those milestones I guess....she is a BIG first grader now, is starting to lose her baby teeth, getting so tall, just growing up so fast and I am missing my little girl.  She is still a sweetheart and in my heart is still my little baby girl, but I know that before I know it she will be grown and gone.  She wanted me to take a picture of her tooth to show everyone and she wanted to type something on Mama's blog, but I told her I would take care of that part for her....so here it is.... her daddy can't stand to see her wiggling it...so she will just walk up to him and do it to get on his nerves and I just laugh because it doesn't bother me in the least.  I know it doesn't show up much here, but her top middle two and her bottom middle two are all loose and I tease her and tell her by Christmas she is going to be a snaggle tooth!  She always giggles when you tell her that and argues that she won't be!  What a cutie!

Since I started off talking about milestones, let me tell you about Kennedy and Parker and what milestones they are reaching in their young little lives...

Kennedy is something else...she is so sweet and loving, but so Kennedy and very much knows what she wants when she wants it!  She is three and well...she is just three....not terrible twos....not fantastic fours....just three.  She is in the middle between an older sister and a baby brother and she is three.  Did I tell you that she is three?  I know that someday Kennedy will be a leader!  She will be successful and well respected in whatever she chooses to do with her life.  She will be great!  Of course, with Kennedy being in the middle...sometimes she doesn't get the recognition that she deserves so she has to make herself known and she has successfully mastered the art of doing that...trust me on that...but the one thing that came to mind when I was trying to think of milestones in each child's life....immediately for Kennedy I thought about the fact that finally she is now the BIG sister.  Now she is the protector, she is the boss, she is the one in charge, she is the one looked up to and loved....all those great things that Mallory got to experience...she will too and I think that is just awesome for Kennedy.  Parker loves to play with her and smiles each time she talks with him and loves on him.  She kisses him and tells him that she loves him constantly and is just a great BIG sister!  Way to go BIG sis!

Now on to Parker...wow he has a lot of things that I could talk about!  I mean he is at an age where almost everyday he reaches a new milestone in his life....and it is so much fun.  It makes me sad in a way because I know that this is the last time I will experience all of this precious "baby stuff", but this is the way it is supposed to be and all parents go through it and I will make it too.  The most recent thing that my little man has started to do is roll over on his tummy and hold his head up and play on his belly.  He has gotten so good at it!  We find him on his tummy in the mornings, when we lay him on his play mat, on the living room floor, etc.  Now, he only rolls over once to his belly....he hasn't figured out how to keep rolling over and over and over yet, but I am sure that is coming soon.  He is so adorable and so good....he just rolls over and grabs at a toy and plays.  He is doing so much better at holding up his head and reaching and grabbing on to his toys too.  Here are a couple of pictures that show his progress.  Isn't he adorable?  I know, I know...I may be a little biased!

                                                                                           

I am sure that there are many more milestones that the kids will exhibit over the next few days, weeks, and months and I will do my best to update...but these are just a few that come to mind today.  Thanks for visiting and reading about three of the most precious things in my life!  Have a great day!



2 comments:

Amy Mowbray said...

Your kids are absolutely precious. They do grow up so fast.
Lily lost her 1st tooth about 1 month ago and she has another that's a "wiggler." (that's what she calls it!)
When she finished kindergarten she was the only kid that hadn't lost a tooth. Poor girl. It will be cute when the kids have their school pictures made!

Jamie said...

Great website Heather!! It is nice to meet you!!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations