Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tunes on Tuesday( way late) and much more...

First, let me apologize for being a bad blogger over the last several days.  We have had a lot going on around our house, had internet issues...(which we are still having...and are seriously considering switching internet providers...since Shane works a lot in the evenings from home...it is really a pain to have the internet stop working everytime we get a strong wind around here!) and to be honest I have been getting scrappy with it for the last several days... (thanks to some much needed motivation, encouragement, and some challenges...thanks to my good friends Leah and Telah...for the push!) so I have been avoiding posting on my blog because I wanted to work while I was on a roll.  I decided that I needed to be creating and posting my layouts on my blog.  I mean, I work hard on them, and really enjoy creating, so why not share?  Seeing other people's work is where I get a jump for a lot of my ideas.  Until now I have always been a little hesitant to post pictures, but that is just silly.  And like I said earlier...a lot of encouragement from my friends has helped!  I need to come out of my shell and get over it!  :0 

To be honest, I have been a bad scrapper for some time now.  Don't misunderstand...I love to browse all the magazines out there and feel my brain with ideas, love all the inspiration from great websites out there...but for the last several months I just have been unmotivated and really had almost given up on my scrapping!  Well, I am happy to say...I have pushed that thought out of my mind and am ready to get on a roll...Telah, Leah, and I are planning on doing two weekly challenges...one from Scrapjacked and one from Pencil Lines...I did mine for this week and decided to tie this post all together with my weekly tune and some of the things I have been creating this week...so sit back and enjoy!

Ok, now let's get down to the nitty gritty!  My Tune for Tuesday this week is I Believe by Brooks and Dunn.  I have put up the video clip in the side bar so you can view and hear this great song...if you are not familiar with it already.  I chose this song for this week, because several of us are starting a new round of circle journals and I have chosen Music of the Heart as my theme.  So I went ahead and did my title page and the first entry in my journal.  I have wanted to devote an album to layouts about songs that I love and so this seemed like the perfect opportunity! 

Here are my first two pages of the circle journal.

I used Autumn Leaves paper and embellishments, stamps and ribbon, some copper brads, and printed my lyrics and journaling on transparencies.  I struggled a littl with these pages, because I had so much I wanted to fit on the page and the format is 8 1/2 x 11.  This is the first time I have ever done layout in this size and I think it turned out pretty good.

The second page was the hardest for me to do.  It includes the lyrics to the song I chose, journaling and three very precious photos.  This layout is also the layout I am submitting to the Scrapjacked Challenge #1 (if my internet ever gets to running again).  The focus for this layout was I Believe, the song I mentioned before, and how it has become so meaningful to me over the last year.  The pictures are of a dear friend and really just a member of our family...as far as I am concerned.  She was honorary grandmother in our wedding and so special to us.  She passed away last January and it has been a difficult thing for our family.  Just to give you a little idea about how significant and special she was to us....we named Parker after her...Parker was her maiden name and we just couldn't think of a better way to honor her!   My thoughts are starting to wander now and I am typing too much here...I guess because there is so much I want to tell you about her...however, I will just include the layout and let you read for yourself. (I am not posting the lyrics this week, but if you would like a copy, I will email them to you)  They are on this layout, and hopefully pretty visable....

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know this post is already long...so I will close for now.  I will post more pictures and projects I have made later this afternoon...hopefully!

BTW, just a quick survey...we are considering changing to Bellsouth DSL service...but I don't know much about their internet service...if you use Bellsouth or know someone who does...give me a comment about how you like it...or don't like it!  Thanks!

More later...



3 comments:

Leah said...

Great pages.. you don't give yourself near enough credit. Your work is awesome.. great take on the Ali E lift.
Do you guys have access to cable internet? Bellsouth DSL is ok it just seems slow compared to cable. We have Comcast cable internet.

Telah said...

Great job, Heather. Leah is right...you don't give yourself enough credit.

Jamie said...

I agree with Leah. Your layouts are great and you should give yourself more credit for your work.
We use BellSouth's DSL and we love it. We had dial up before so it was a huge improvement for us.

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations