Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Trying something new on Tuesdays...

I guess I need to post a big message up on my bathroom mirror that says...BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!  That seems to be the way that my good intentions go these days...late and not like I intend them to be.  However, it could be somewhat because of the fact that I am a wife, a mother of three precious children, a friend, a daughter, a whatever I need to be at the moment person...so therefore certain things just take priority.


I had run a couple of errands after I picked up Mallory from school today.  I took the kids and headed out for just a little while, met Shane and he took Kennedy over to her grandparent's house to spend the night, I came home started on homework and projects with Mallory, and tried to soothe my little man, Parker.   I guess I started thinking about all this on the way home this evening.   A song came on the radio, I cranked it up a little and started listening and singing along.  It wasn't a new song to me...in fact I have heard it several times...but maybe haven't listened to it as closely as I did tonight. 


For those of you who don't know this about me...I am a huge music fan...or maybe you could say that I am a huge fan of the lyrics you hear on the radio...because that is what I tend to focus on the most.  In fact, I love it so much and feel so strongly about some of the words I hear that I have just about decided to devote a whole scrapbook to various favorites of mine!


I tend to listen to country music the most...but am not limited to it...for me it has to have a good meaning...the words have to touch my heart and mean something to me...a good beat helps too...but I love a good song with a great message!


So...because of my love of music lyrics and because there are so many that I have related to my own life experiences...on the way home this evening...Tunes for Tuesday just popped into my head...I heard this song and thought I need to blog about this....mainly because this song seems to fit some things in my life right now....and so here it goes....I want to try to devote each Tuesday to a song and blog about it, include the lyrics, and if possible I will include the video clip in the sidebar.  Maybe you can draw a little from the lyrics and apply it to your life, maybe you will hear a song that you haven't heard before and will develop a new favorite....who knows???

  Mountains by LoneStar




Lucinda Jones workin' at the IHOP:
Ten years worth of bacon, eggs an' tears
She's waited on every creed an' color,
While waitin' on this day to get here
Graveyard shifts, two big tips,
Makin' every quarter count,
Was worth it all to see her son,
In that cap an' gown



There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easier when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb



Bobby, Bobby Dunn came back from the war,
Lost his leg but they couldn't take his will
Hell bent to run in that local marathon,
He trained through the endless pain an' pills
It hurt so bad that sometimes,
He just had to cry,
He didn't stop until he crossed,
That finish line



There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easier when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb



This world ain't fair,
It can knock you on your butt
You can just lie there,
Or you can get back up
You gotta get back up



There are times in life when you gotta crawl,
Lose your grip, trip an' fall
When you can't lean on no-one else:
That's when you find yourself
I've been around an' I've noticed that,
Walkin's easier when the road is flat
Them danged ol' hills'll get you every time
Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
(The good Lord gave us mountains)
So we could learn how to climb
Yeah, oh



I heard this song on the radio tonight.  It helped me!  Maybe it will help you too...I listened and I thought about the words.  It is so true!  Life is easy when the road is flat...but the problem is that the road isn't going to always be flat...the hills and mountains that we climb are what is going to make us strong and give us character!  But the most important thing is that we can't make it over these mountains with out some help....help from God.  I guess the reason that this song hit me right between the eyes tonight is that I have been struggling...struggling with things that are too numerous to mention here...but this song helped me to put some things in perspective.  Yes, lately I feel like I have been living this chorus in real life...but this is just one small speck in the big picture.   I am learning how to climb daily...and my guess is that all of you are also.  Hope you can get something from this song too and that maybe it will lift your spirits a little as you listen to it today. 



By the way...one of the reasons that I have been struggling lately is because of my children and the sickness that we have been fighting around here lately...Since I have made so many new friends through my bloggin' experience...and I truly have been so blessed in my life to have so many friends...If you all will take a minute and say a little prayer for my sweet little Parker.  We have to be at the surgery center in the morning at 6:30 and he will be going under the knife for a small procedure of getting tubes in his ears.  I know this is nothing major and I have been through it with my other two children before...but as a mama, it still makes me just a little apprehensive when I know that my baby is going to be sedated and they are going to be "working" on him. 



Hopefully we will be home late in the morning tomorrow and he can get some rest and start his recovery off on a good note tomorrow.  Poor little guy has really been having a hard time with these ears and I know he is probably as ready as we are to finally get some relief...since I think this is like our 6th ear infection since the end of October....YIKES!!!!



Everyone have a good evening!



More later on...





6 comments:

Denise said...

Here's saying a prayer for little Parker's surgery to go well. Your right...who can worry better than a mommy!

cherylwray said...

I absolutely love the song "Mountains." I think it is so absolutely true!!!
Hope your little ones are feeling better soon. Sending up a prayer for Parker right now!!

Jolene George said...

I feel the same way about music and lyrics. I also listen to country mostly because it tends to have the most meaningful music.
Prayers going out to Parker...and you for comfort. :o) (((HUGS))) http://jolenegeorge.blogspot.com/

Telah said...

I don't listen to country that much but those are great words. So true about our lifes' roads having mountains that we all have to climb..and who can do it without God! Hope those mountains get a little smoother for you! Love ya girl.

Bethany said...

You know I will be praying for him...I know what you mean about being nervous about them "working" on him.
I think the Tunes on Tuesdays is an awesome idea, and I love the song you picked this time...so good and so true...

Paul said...

Nice blog. Just surfing around!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations