Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tunes on Tuesday...

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics

 

My Wish - Rascal Flatts -  "Me & My Gang"

I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,
But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.
But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

(I couldn't find a video clip of this song...so I attached the music to my blog...so you could hear it...if you know of a place where I might find a video clip...let me know please.)

The first time I heard this song  was last fall.  I love Rascal Flatts anyway, so when I heard this song and found it they were the artists performing it...well, that just made it sweeter!  The first time I really listened to the words was while I was watching a DVD that my dad had made of my sister...who just graduated this year.  He made us all copies and sent it out to grandparents and family.  BTW, he did a great job on it!  I wish I had the knowledge to do things like that...working on it...but haven't turned that techno yet.

Anyway, the words to this song are awesome and as I listened to it I cried...it made me think of my children and in just the few short years I have been blessed with their presence...the memories flashed in my head like the slide show that was up on the screen in front of me.  After a few days, I emailed my dad and told him about the song and how it made me feel and how much I loved the song.  And he wrote me back this...

I want you to know these words have always been for you.
Love,

 Dad

And then he attached the lyrics to this song...WOW!  Talk about a tear jerker!  Since then, I have played this song very frequently around the house and in the car and when I do play it here...Mallory and Kennedy like to crank it up and they..."Sing it to us, Mama!"  I have been singing it to them and telling them that this is my song to them.  They love that!  And it truly is...My Wish...for all three of my kids!  Hope you all enjoy it too!  :)



3 comments:

Telah said...

Aaawwwhhh...*wiping tears away*...that is sooo sweet! Those are great lyrics too. Thanks for sharing them with us. BTW, I like your Tunes for Tuesday Banner...I'm sorry that I didn't make you one...it slipped my mind. But yours is way better than anything I could have done anyway!

Bethany said...

That song is so touching...and so it the story about your father. It's neat that you can kind of pass it on to your kids (the way your dad did for you) :)

cherylwray said...

I LOVE that song!!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations