Thursday, January 18, 2007

Update on my little man...he is a trooper!

First, just let me say THANK YOU so much to everyone who has called, emailed, and left comments here on the blog about Parker and his little procedure yesterday. 

We got there and were done and home by about 10 am yesterday morning.  He did fine throughout the whole thing.  They came out to get us before he was quite awake and I went back to hold him.  As I was following the nurse back, I could hear him starting to cry and moan and it broke my heart.  I picked him up and he was still hooked up to the monitors and stuff...and boy he was NOT happy!  He is so strong and coming out of that anesthesia...he was hard to hold on to.  He drank some juice, they unhooked him from the monitors, we signed some papers, talked with the doctor, and came home. 

He slept a good part of the day yesterday and was pretty fussy when he wasn't sleeping.  He got the hiccups a couple of times and everytime he hiccupped or burped, he would cry.  I guess it hurt his ears when he did that.  He still ran a low fever yesterday and we did Tylenol and Motrin...but today his fever went up...and I had to call the doctor again. 

So as of tonight, I am not too pleased with his progress.  He has a fever of 101 degrees and his ears are draining some...and you can just look at him and know that he doesn't feel good.  However, I still managed to get a kiss and a smile a little while ago and that does a mama good!

Once again, thank you for your care and concern.  It has meant a lot to me! 

Hope everyone has a good night!  Stayed tuned tomorrow for Five on Friday!



3 comments:

Leah said...

Awww.. I hope her gets to feeling better!

Telah said...

So glad he came through the surgery fine...that would scare me too. I hope he is on his way up now from all this sickness. I love that picture of him to the right with his hat on!

Jolene George said...

Dang...I hope his fever goes away and he gets to feeling better. I'm glad he managed a kiss and a hug for mom. Take care! http://jolenegeorge.blogspot.com/

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations