Friday, December 1, 2006

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

As promised, I have a few pictures to share with you from today's events.  Of course, we did not nearly get finished with decorating our Christmas tree...however, we did make a start on it and it was fun!  The girls had a blast and little Parker even got to participate.  For each of my children we have put a Baby's First Christmas ornament on the tree for their first Christmas with our family...and Parker is no different.  Tonight he got to hang his very first ornament on the tree....or at least help Mama do it! 

I searched for the perfect ornament and it was harder than I thought to find a cute ornament for a baby boy.  I didn't purchase the ones for the girls...my mother and father in-law got those for the girls and they are glass ornaments.  I wasn't sure what I wanted for Parker...but I knew I wanted it to be special.  I started looking here and that is exactly where I ended up going back to after visiting several other places last Saturday.  This is what I came up with...I found this keepsake ornament and I really liked it...well I guess I must have since I bought it.  What do you think?  I thought it looked rather boyish! 

So tonight I helped him to hang it on the tree.  It was the first ornament on the tree tonight.  We tried to put it in the center of the front of the tree.  I haven't gotten out the girls First Christmas ornaments yet...but when I do I will post a picture of all three of them together.  He was mesmerized by the lights and I don't think he really cared too much about the ornament by the time we got ready to hang the ornament...he just wanted to grab the lights.  Ha!

The girls were so excited too!  They have been begging to hang ornaments since the tree has been out of the attic....and to be honest we just haven't had time any night this week.  I even told Shane the other night....I liked it with just the white lights on it...I think he wondered if I was feeling ok??? 

Anybody that knows me knows that I am a Christmas NUT!!! I love it!   But for some reason, I haven't really been able to get my SPIRIT on this year yet...not sure why,  but I am sure it will come and it will get better????  Maybe I should get my music out and start playing it???  Give me your suggestions and what you do to pump up your Christmas SPIRIT!!!!

So anyway, I let the kids put on their new Christmas jammies and this is what I came up with...I took this picture and then played with it a little in Photoshop Not too bad???  The red eye was easy to do in Photoshop....I am liking it so far...but still have a lot to learn.  Here are some before shots too of my tree...I did try to follow Amy's instructions but I tried amidst three excited kiddos and to be honest I didn't do too good a job...but it is something.  HA!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone have a great day!  It is finally starting to feel like Christmas here in Alabama....cold this morning and I hope it gets colder and we get some snow...but I am not holding my breath!  More later as promised! 



6 comments:

Telah said...

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh!
Did that help get you in the spirit? LOL Tree looks beautiful and I love the ornament!

Jolene George said...

The ornament is a perfect choice for Parkers first ornament. It so sweet...I love it.
Telah's singing got me in the spirit...did it work for you? :o) http://jolenegeorge.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

Love the ornament! We will be hanging Nathan James' ornament this year too!
Try playing with all of your Christmas scrap supplies. Just looking at pictures of past Christmas' puts me in the mood.
Have fun tonight!

cheryl said...

I love that ornament! I think you did a great job picking out the perfect first ornament!!!
The pic of the kids is gorgeous!! And the tree is too!!
Christmas has really crept up on me this year, so I'm not totally in the spirit yet. But I'm getting there . . .and having all the decorations up definitely helps!
Now I just need to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and I will SO be in the spirit.
And my middle dd's Christmas play is Sunday at church, so i will definitely be in the spirit after that!

Bethany Engstrom said...

I had a hard time finding my daughter's first ornament too...it's difficult to find a cute one. I really love the one you chose! Your children are darling!
Thanks for posting on a comment on my blog...now I can add it to my blog list!
Bethany

Amyd said...

Your little man looks the most like you.

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations