Thursday, December 7, 2006

Christmas Time's a coming!!!!

I love mornings like this....it is cold outside....no snow, but at least cold.  I think the news said 29 degrees.  The tree decorating is done, the house is clean, most of the shopping is done, kids are quiet for now, and everything seems peaceful.  I am sitting here with my warm heating pad and reading email and blogs and eating breakfast.  I think this is going to be a good day!

Granted, I would love to have some snow since it is the Christmas season...but this is Alabama and I know better.  It is not going to happen and if it does...it won't be like the snows that I grew up with in Southern Indiana...boy do I miss those!  Here is just a taste of that....these are pictures from a few Christmases ago at my old homeplace on Christmas Day!  This is the house that I pretty much grew up in back in Indiana.  This was taken on Christmas Day 2000. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can remember many days like this and many days of walking to school or waiting on the school bus in stuff like this.  The picture below was taken two years ago from the driveway at my grandparents home looking out across the field.  

I think we measured that year and had 24 inches of snow.  That is the most we have had in a while and it was no fun to drive in going up there on the interstate, but it was a beautiful sight to see outside on Christmas morning.  My girls get so excited about snow and this....

 is about the most I have seen on our front lawn since Mallory was born here in Alabama....so they only really get the chance to see and play in the snow when we travel a little further up north.  The love to see it!  The above picture is our front yard in January 2003....not much of the white stuff....but hey I will count it!

Well I finally have got my Christmas spirit on!!!  Yeah me!  And it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around our house...the tree is finished and I am pretty please with it....I will say that I don't think the pictures do it justice...but I just can't seem to get a good picture of it with the lights off.  I will keep trying though.  What do you all think?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I will keep working on it and maybe I can get a good one this year too....

Now how about this to get you in the holiday mood???

Photobucket Tags: " rel="tag">

This is my first time to try video...and I am not sure if I like this format...but trial and error shall prevail.  Let me know how it works....I have another small clip that I might try later if this one works out. 

I took this Monday and it was just too cute.....I took this while I was in the process of finishing up the decorating and Kennedy was in the middle of getting into everything....lol

Merry Christmas to everyone!  Thanks to everyone who emailed or posted and gave my holiday spirit a boost....hope this helps yours too!  Have a great day! 



9 comments:

Jamie said...

Cute Video! I am going to try to finish my decorating this evening/tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to update our family's website with lost of photo updates.
Well... I better go. Caleb Davis is trying to give the baby a "snack".

Telah said...

Yay! Christmas spirit is upon us all now! Love the pic of your homeplace in the snow...looks like the front of a card or something. Missed you tonight...hope that your battery stays charged. Heh Heh...that sounds funny! :)

cherylwray said...

Great post girl!!! I love the snow pictures from Indiana. I grew up in northwest Arkansas and we'd get two or three really good snows each year, but in Bama we're lucky if we get a flurry. My girls want to see snow SO bad every year and then it never happens. Wah!
So glad you've got the Christmas Spirit now! I love this time of year!

Shane said...

That picture with the 24 inches of snow...she failed to mention that it was -19 degrees when we got there for Christmas! It was so cold, snot froze to my nose when I was unloaded the car.

Bethany Engstrom said...

The Christmas tree looks beautiful! We've gotten a couple inches of snow so far, but I want more!

Jolene George said...

Oh my heck! How cute is that video?!
The house you grew up in is beautiful! I hope you get some snow this year. Being in Arizona I don't have a chance in heck....but I can drive a few hours this winter to play in it. :o) http://jolenegeorge.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

That video is SO CUTE!
It's so cold here we deserve some snow..and your husband's comment is too funny...

Amy Mowbray said...

Yes, I want snow too! You house looked absolutely beautiful.
Okay, that video is so darn cute. "Hi Santa Claus!" and "Merry Christmas Everyone" was so sweet. Thanks for sharing this!

Patty said...

The video is soooo cute. You did a great job! You need to do some more of those when you get a chance.
Loved seeing the picture of the house. I sure do miss that old place. We have a lot of good memories there.

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations