Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ready for Santa...

Finally all the decorating is done...well actually, it has been done for a few days, I am ready to wrap gifts and this weekend I am going to do my candy making and baking.  The girls are going to help me and we are going to make gift baskets full of goodies for all their teachers at church.  I will have more pictures to post about this later on...

For now, I wanted to show off some of our Christmas decorating....since everyone else is....I thought we might as well too.  I didn't decorate as much this year as I usually do, but managed to get a few things out and up.  I used to put a tree in every room and let the kids do trees in their rooms, etc.  However, as our family has grown and our toys have multiplied.....our small house just doesn't have room for all that decorating any longer.  LOL :)  So now we just put up one big tree in the living room and some smaller things all throughout the house....take a look and enjoy....

Oh and by the way, some of these pictures aren't the best quality...however, they are the best I could get....and probably will be able to get....you know they are genuine true to life in my home...highchairs in the background, husband sitting in the recliner flipping the remote, toys and walker in the floor, etc....so that is just the way it is.  :)

Finally got my stockings monogrammed and back....and I love, love, love them!!!  Got them hung on the mantle...still need to do something about those hooks, but I will deal with that later...I will add some ribbon or something...here are some close ups of the names....I had it done in the Curlz font and I love how they turned out.  I got these at Michael's last year on clearance and have been needing to get names put on them....

I like the white thread against the red and the green.  I thought it really contrasted and helped it to show up better.

 

 

Shane said it seems weird to have five stockings up there this year...and it does!  But it also is good and seems complete...glad that Parker is going to be celebrating his first Christmas this year.  That is always a fun time! 

This is my hutch in my kitchen.  I always keep the garland and fruit up on the hutch, but haven't always kept it lit up.  Shane added some new white lights to it and spruced it up and it looks so pretty again.  I love it!

Below, the picture is sort of blurry, but still a good picture.  It is the view of my breakfast sitting area.  The table has a little holiday decorating and I love that you can have a good view of the tree while sitting in here with the family at dinner and various other times.   This is the only spot we have to put our tree and it blocks off one of the entrances to the living room...although my girls still think that they can use that entrance as part of their racing track through the house and I have to remind them that I better not catch them sliding between the door frame and the Christmas tree.  I know they are sooooo scared!  Yeah right!!!  :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is the arrangement I made for my kitchen table this year.  Can you tell I love the fruit theme?  lol... I found this table runner in the closet.  I had forgotten that I bought it after Christmas at Target last year...so I better put it to good use now!

 

 

Leaving the kitchen and entering the leaving room...you see Mr. Snowman....

Hanging on the door to the guest bath you see Santa himself in all his glory....:)

 

 

 

And lastly...this is a little cutie that I picked up last year at Cracker Barrell for the girl's room.  It makes a great nightlight and they love having Santa sitting in their bedroom at night.

He is really cute and looks great when he is all lit up!  Wish I could get a good picture of that...but oh well!

 

 

Just a sampling of our Christmas decorating.  I have loved reading other blogs and seeing what all everyone else is doing to decorate and get ready for the holidays. 

More later on...Have a great day!



5 comments:

Telah said...

I love those stockings! I'm gonna have to be on the lookout for some like that after Christmas this year. If you see any, let me know!

Amy Mowbray said...

Wow! Everything looks so pretty and Christmas-ey. And your mantle looks great. Love the stockings! They're so cute!

Bethany Engstrom said...

I LOVE all the Christmas decorations...they look beautiful! I can tell you have a nack for decorating. I guess now I'll have to share some of my Christmas decorations on my blog...you've gotten me in the spirit!

Shane said...

"genuine true to life in my home...husband sitting in the recliner flipping the remote"...What are you saying?!?! Are you saying that's all I do is sit on my rear and watch TV? :)

Leah said...

Everything looks so good. I like the fruity table piece. See you DO let some of those crafty ideas out of your head!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations