Saturday, December 2, 2006

My little man is growing too fast!!!

Parker is almost seven months old.  We went Thursday for his six month check up....you moms know how that goes....they wait to schedule you until you are a day past six months at least and then it ends up the child being nearly seven months before they can get you in because of the full appt. calendar that the doctor's have...which is fine...but just funny.  Well, so Kennedy and I took him Thursday afternoon.  Not only was he going for his six month check up and his SHOTS, but he was having his ears rechecked because he has had four ear infections in the last couple of months...and is on his third antibiotic!  Everything went well and his ears looked good...at least for yesterday.  I posted a day or so ago about how I would update you on his size...so here you go...

This boy is growing, growing, growing.....he weighed 23 pounds and was 30 inches long. 

Now to translate....that puts him above the 95th percentile for his height and weight....I just laughed when the doctor told me.  I expected big, but I guess I was a little surprised at his length....I didn't think he was that LONG!!!  No wonder he is wearing 18 and 24 month size clothes sometimes!  LOL  Here are my too cutie guys!  Parker and his daddy!  I love this picture!  And no...I didn't plan the yellow shirts....it just happened that way.   He looks so cute!  But just doesn't look like a six month old!

He is using his walker now and motoring all over the place.  He scoots everywhere on the floor now.  Excuse me, but I don't think my girls did all this at this young of an age!!!  The other day we found him way across the living room from where we left him....and when I found him...he was under the Christmas tree.  :)

I wanted to post this to update like I promised you all and also to try some new stuff on this website.  I have been tinkering with the idea of including some small video clips in posts occasionally.  My friend Leah told me about using Photobucket for video clips...so I went there and tried to put a video clip on this post but I recorded too much....and it was a very big file and it would have taken a long time and soooooo....I will try again sometime with a smaller clip, but it looks pretty easy now that I know about Photobucket.  Thanks Leah!!!!



6 comments:

Amy Mowbray said...

What a cute picture. He looks like a happy baby. I have to ask though. Are they standing in the shower?
That's really funny about him scooting under the tree. He's was just getting excited about Christmas!!!

Heather said...

LOL....Thanks Amy! You are too funny! I didn't think about how that picture would look to everyone else....No, they aren't standing in the shower. Shane, my husband, was just getting ready to give Parker a bath when I decided to snap this picture! Sorry for the confusion!

Jamie said...

Hi Heather,
I hope you guys had a great weekend. We go for our check-ups this week too.
I have posted a few videos on our website too. I really thought it was pretty easy.
Take Care, Jamie

Telah said...

When life gives you lemons....make lemonaide! Your two guys look like little lemons. :)

Jolene George said...

WOW! He really is a big guy...he doesn't look fat at all, just solid. Love his big smile! Glad the doctor's appointment went well.http://jolenegeorge.blogspot.com/

Telah said...

I just tagged you if you are interested in playing...which you better be!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations