Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Love mornings like this...

For some strange reason things are going pretty smoothly this morning???  Shane is off to work and Mallory off to school...which by the way she is loving!  Although this morning she was complaining that her name was still at the bottom of the bee hive....whatever that means???  Parker went back to sleep after scarfing down his normal big breakfast and Kennedy is being abnormally calm this morning.  What is up with all this? 



Got up this morning thinking about some very dear, dear friends of ours that are really suffering right now and need our prayers.  Can't seem to get them off my mind...and don't really want to...I wish there was something I could do for them...but know that right now the most powerful and best thing I can do is PRAY!  Makes me stop and really count my blessings...so funny...the other day at church we started singing...Count Your Many Blessings...and Kennedy in her big, loud, voice says..."I know this song!"  Moments like that are great!  It makes me feel good...like I am doing something right.  Probably most three year olds wouldn't know that song.



How blessed am I?  I could never even begin to number the ways...



  • salvation


  • loving husband, wonderful children


  • great job as a wife and mother


  • great family


  • health


  • warmth, food, home


These seem almost too basic to list, however, I know that I take them for granted way too often!  How about you?  I need to learn to count my blessings more and quit complaining about them.



0 comments:

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations