Saturday, May 31, 2008

Family Fun with the Flip...

I had some errands to run last night and several things to mark off my TO DO list...so I set out to meet Shane after work with the intentions of only being gone for a short time and then back home to tackle Mt. Washmore.  However, my plans didn't happen exactly as I had planned....but I am not complaining.  We spent some quality time as a family and we all had a blast being together and just having some fun!



So you are probably asking yourself....what is tis post about?  This is boring....or where does the family fun with the flip come into play?  So here you go...



After our little excursion to the mall and to Hobby Lobby....we decided to grab a bite to eat.   While we were there sitting around the table eating and talking....Parker started being silly!  Imagine that?  So I pulled out this little number  and started capturing our family fun and Parker's silliness.



I was a little skeptical about how the quality of the videos would be and didn't know for sure if it was worth the money.  So I decided I would try it out and let my "Techy" husband take a look and get his opinion and if it didn't work well or the quality was poor...I had every intention to return it to the store.



Let me just say that THE FLIP will not be going back to the store.  It has a new permanent home in my bag!  I wanted something that had great quality video and sound and was light weight and easy to carry....so that I didn't have to carry around our honking big video camera when were were out doing stuff.  This little camera works great is about the size of a cell phone.  So far I have loved everything about it!  Go to the above linked website to find out more info about THE FLIP



Here is the thing I like the most....since I have had it ..... I have taken about 25 videos of things going on with us and the kids.  All of these memories that I have captured would not have been recorded without The Flip!  I never carry our big video camera around, but with this I can just reach in my bag pull it out and start recording!  I can't say enough about how much I love this camera!



Here is another thing...this device is a plug and play sort of thing.  It is a built in USB and you literally just plug it into your desktop/laptop and it does all the work for you!



So in my last post I told you I was trying to figure out how the best way to show video in my blog...well, I think I have it nailed down now.   Here is a clip from last night...enjoy! 
Oh, and just ignore my dorky sounding voice and all the silly noises from the girls.....:)  And one last thing...on this upload of the video...it looks a little grainy...but I think that has to do with uploading it to You Tube...because on my laptop straight from the camera...it is crystal clear.












 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations