Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

I read several different blogs and I have seen something similar to this done each week.  I thought to myself what an easy way to highlight some things that are going on with our family and share a few pictures.   So, here it goes....the first installation of Thursday Thirteen!  These are very random...but you get the idea.

Picture 069 

  1. I finally got a picture of Kennedy with her banjo!  Her Gram and Pap had this made for her the last time we were up there!  And she gets teased about it all the time....but a girl can't go to Alabama without a banjo on her knee.....can she?  (I will post more about the banjo at a later date....very cute story)
  2. Mallory is officially out of school!  Yesterday was award's day and I am so proud of her!  She received A Honor roll award for maintaining an "A" average in every subject all year long!  Go Mallory!
  3. Shane and Gaga (his dad) are out installing a new water heater as I type this.  Ours sprung a leak and it was finally time to upgrade.
  4. I have 27 items listed on my "To Do List"....oh and sure....I am gonna to get them all accomplished by bedtime tonight.  :)
  5. My brother is getting married next Saturday and I can hardly believe that he is finally going to tie the knot! 
  6. Our soccer season (for two kiddos) is over until fall and Kennedy's dance recital will be June 13th and then we will take a break from that also until fall.
  7. We are going to Poughkeepsie, NY in less than a month and we are so excited about it....now I just hope that I can get everything accomplished by time to leave. 
  8. Finally have my hummingbird feeders hanging and my flowers all done out front.  LOVE this time of the year!  I will try to remember to take a picture and share.  The flowers are beautiful right now.
  9. Kennedy will start kindergarten in a little over two months!  Wow!  Where has the time gone?
  10. We are going to visit with family next week and I can't wait!  My parents and my sister are flying in for the wedding and that is going to be a lot of fun!  Britt (my sister) has never even seen my two younger kiddos and my parents have not seen Parker since he was about 6 months old.....so it should be a BLAST!  Plus we will get to spend time with my Gram and Pap! 
  11. Kennedy got a shiner under her eye a few days ago and it is starting to heal....but boy does she look like she got in a fight!  (she didn't get in a fight, but ran into the back of one of her little buddies)   I felt so bad for her when it happened, but she has been pretty tough about it all.
  12. Shane had to "blow away" my laptop a few days ago and start from scratch to repair some things....so I have been doing a little make-over and re-installing some software.....and editing my blog a little.  Have added a few new things.
  13. Parker should be about ready to get up from his nap....however, I am trying to savor the quiet for a little while longer.

Have a great day everyone!



3 comments:

Amydc said...

Look at little Kennedy with her banjo beside that sign.
Roll Tide Roll!!!!
Congrats to Mallory. I never, ever, ever, never, ever, never, ever, ever, ever made straight A's.
Surprising I know.

Telah said...

Where in the world are you going in NY?! I have never heard of that place ever! LOL Way to go Mallory and Kennedy! So glad to hear how your week has been.

Jamie ~ Alabama said...

Where have I been? Lots going on here at 'ole Jewell site. Keep it coming. :)

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations