Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Mallory!

Picture 002

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!  I love you so much!

I can hardly believe that Mallory is turning eight today!  I know that people say this a lot....but where does the time go? 

I sat yesterday and watched this precious girl....just thinking to myself....you can not be about to turn eight!  I looked over last night, and immediately I noticed something different about Mallory.  She looked so grown up......she had changed....it seemed like over night.  I smiled at her and she smiled back.  I am sure she was wondering.....why are you staring at me Mama? 

I was having such mixed emotions.....look at her, she is beautiful, she is sweet, she is fun, she is smart, she is so full of life.....but then my brain would switch gears to.....she is growing way too fast, how can I slow this down, does she know how much I love her, do I make the most of every moment that God has given me as her mother, am I teaching her the right things and the right ways?  So many things running through my head.....

I never believed how quickly time would pass until I became an adult with my own children.  I am sure that Mallory doesn't realize how the time passes...... she is unaware that she is changing and maturing .....and growing up way too fast!  So many times she has said to me....Mama, I can't wait until I am 16! ..... or Mama, when am I going to be old enough to ____________? (you fill in the blank with your own experiences)

When she says things like that I just want to pick her up and hold her and tell her not to wish her life away and that the time will come soon when she will be able to do those things that she is only wishing for right now. 

I want to tell her to enjoy her youth and be happy and content with your life now.  Remember that God has blessed you so much!  Take your time and savor every minute you are given!  Oh, there is so much more I want to tell her.....but before I can say it all.....she is off and running to the next thing on her mind. 

Lately, I have been hearing two songs on the radio a lot....I know why they are so popular and why people really listen to the words of the songs.  If you get a chance today....click on these links and take a few minutes to listen to the songs.  Even though I get emotional when I hear them.....I still listen and try to take in the words.  They help me....they remind me.....they encourage me.....to make the most of every moment with my children! 

You're Gonna Miss This:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--58666527

Don't Blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dp4ySSg4QG8g

Have a great day and remember to savor each minute you are given! 



6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday, Mallory! Time really does go by too fast! Hope your family has a great Monday!

Amydc said...

Happy Birthday Mallory!

Leah said...

I had no idea you weren't celebrating the 4th anymore. LOL
Happy B'day Mallory!

Jamie ~ Alabama said...

Happy 8th Birthday Mallory! Wishing you the best year yet!
Heather - I cannot listen to those songs. They will make my cry for days on end. I almost could not make it through your post. I get very emotional during my babies' birthdays and when I have to pack up their seasonal clothes. Time passes way too fast! I wish I could bottle up and keep every single second. They are all so precious.

Renee said...

She's beautiful! And those are 2 of my favorite songs. I cry when lisetening to both.

Telah said...

You said it...my sentiments exactly! Happy Birthday Mallory!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations