Wednesday, February 28, 2007

WOW! Has it been two weeks?

Hi everyone!  I am finally back!  I didn't intentionally mean to take a break from Bloggin'...it just happened that way!  I have been really busy with a lot of different things.  From sick kids all the way to spending a lot of time in my little scrapping room creating some cool stuff.  I have missed y'all...but let me say that I am so touched by the sweet emails and comments I have received checking up on me.  Y'all are the best!!!

I have so much I want to share with you and if I tried to do it all right now in one post...well, you would probably fall asleep at your computer...so, I have decided to split it up into several posts.  I have added a bunch of new pictures to the blog sidebars and I am going to show you a few in this post too.  So, be sure to check out some of the new pictures!!!

I have MIA for so long that I have kept a list of topics I want to cover when I return to BLOGGIN'!  That is sad, I know...but true!  I am a list maker!  I carry a little notebook around in my purse constantly and have several different list going at all times.  Usually, I have a To Do list, a grocery list, a Projects I Am Working On list, a Scrapping - Want to get list....let's see....maybe that is it.  But I love to make lists...it helps to keep me organized and I just feel better when I have a list to look at!  :)  How about you?  Are you a list maker...do you feel lost without your list? This little beauty is my new notebook, that I just started writing in today, because my other was full, and here is how it looks already...

Now, if I can just mark some things off the lists...I will be doing good!  :)

Well, I mentioned that I have been spending a lot of time working on projects...which means I spent the majority of my time here...

Yep, this is my glorified closet...as I like to call it!  It serves the purpose though and it is majorly overcrowded...but I still manage to get projects done in there.   I think I told you all that I had done a major cleanout and purge on supplies and I am still finding things that I have no use for any longer...so I guess you could stay that I am still cleaning out...however, I do think that I have it pretty well organized and like I want it to stay...at least for now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So, since I have spent so much time in this room lately...let me share some of my projects that I have completed.  I'll admit, that I haven't done near as many layouts as I could be doing...instead I have been altering things and making....

Here is an Art Journal that I made for myself...to help me record sketches, ideas, etc...to aid in my creative process.  This was very simple to make and cost next to nothing.  I altered the front and  back and then put three different tabs on the inside pages...Ideas, Quotes and sayings, and sketches.  I left plenty of room for adjustment if want to add some different tabs in it as I fill it up and go along.  Next, since I was on the cleaning out and organizing trip...I made this to help with my over abundance of crafting magazines...I went through all my out of date magazines and decide to make a way to save what I liked from the magazine and donate the rest to Mallory's class....or some teacher at her school that would like to have these to use for class projects....this is what I came up with...

I bought this three ring binder at a local store a while back.  I actually bought 4 of them....and I have been working on the other three for another purpose...and I will share them with you soon...

Anyway, I went through my stash of supplies and this is what I had when I finished. (ignore my reflection against the plastic covering)  I used MM rub-ons, paper flowers, American Crafts tags, and various ribbons.  BTW, let me just say that I have never used my Cropadile on anything very thick...I punch holes right thought this binder with no problem whatsoever!  It ROCKS!!!

Here are a few more pix of the binder...I made tabbed inserts for the inside...and at this time I have only gone through two old magazines...but I have a pile to go through and now, I have a place to put all the things I want to keep from the magazines.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am excited about this system and about cleaning out my magazine basket and only keeping special editions and current copies of magazines.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wanna know why we made these cards?  Yep, that is right!  My baby girl, Kennedy, has officially turned the BIG 4!!!  Her birthday is today!  Four years ago at this time, I was in amazement and awe...that God had blessed my life with another beautiful baby girl!  I am so thankful for the blessing of my children!  Kennedy is a precious gift from God and I can't even imagine how dull our lives would be without her presence!  I love you sweetie Peanut Kennedy!  Hope you had the best birthday ever!!!  Here is what she woke up this morning and found...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, Mama let her eat a choc. iced cupcake for breakfast....after all, it is her birthday!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, I feel better now that I have accomplished typing this post...but I still have so much more to share!!!  It is getting late and I am getting sleepy....so I will close this post in just a minute and post again tomorrow.  Oh and BTW, Tunes on Tuesday will be back I think....that is if you like it...I have wondered if it is just a silly thing to post or if it is at enjoyable at all  for y'all???  Just not sure right now...so let me know what you think???

Thanks for sticking with me over the last couple of weeks.  I am glad to be back and look forward to sharing some more with you tomorrow!

Much more later...  :)



7 comments:

Alissa said...

You must be the most organized person on earth. You rock! I hope Kennedy had a great birthday!

Telah said...

So what was the present that her eyes are so big looking at?

Leah said...

I really like your scrap space. Now if I could just get in gear and get mine put together. I know John will be glad to see all that mess move out of our foyer.
Love the binder and journal and Happy B'day to Kennedy!

Jamie said...

Hi Heather! It is nice to have you back online. I loved the pictures of your scrap space and I do the exact same thing with my magazines. There is no need to save them all - not enough space!
Please tell your cutie pie - Happy Birthday! I just love the last photo of her with those big eyes! She looks so surprised!
One more thing... Yes, I really enjoy your Tuesday Tunes. I have a hard time learning the words to songs and you actually helped me out with that Rascal Flatts one.
Take Care!

Amy Mowbray said...

Wow! You have been a super busy girl. Your binder looks great. And so does your scrap area. (Roll Tide!)
And that Kennedy is such a cutie pie. Happy 4th birthday!

Renee said...

Happy Birthday to Kennedy! She is too cute!

April said...

I have a notebook like that! Love the space. I'm planning on redecorating my craft room...I have a color picked out, but that is the only detail!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations