Friday, February 2, 2007

Five on Friday

Ok,Ok...so I missed last weeks FIVE...let me catch up a little!

Happy Groundhog's Day! And here is a funny before moving on to my FIVE!

This morning Kennedy looked over at me and Parker, while we were sitting in the floor playing, and said..."Happy Warthog's Day Mama! Of course I just smiled and said the same thing back and then started laughing hysterically. Then she proceeded, obviously not understanding...with this question..."Can we go hunt warthogs today???" Just too cute!!!

Five Scrapbook Supplies that just can't live without:

  1. Cricut: By far, the best investment that I have ever made for scrapping supplies. I love it and it is so versatile. Go check out the Cricut website if you get a chance...they have several new products that have just been released. Very cool!
  2. Rub-On's: These have become one of my absolute favorite supplies. There are so easy to use and there is so much you can do with them. I am very addicted to rub-on's right now...no matter if it is letters, numbers, swirls, stitches....I don't care...just bring 'em on! Some of my faves are: Basic Grey, American Crafts, and 7 Gypsies. Got any others to recommend?
  3. Clear acrylic stamps: Love, love, love these things...almost as much as rub-on's. Can use them on everything and I love to do that! Faves: Autumn Leaves, CTMH Solo's, Hero Arts,
  4. Ribbon: Any kind, any pattern, any color...It seems like lately that I have been using a lot of ribbon and it is such an easy way to spice up a card or layout.
  5. Last but not least... some adhesive - Right now I use Herma adhesive...which is ok...but from what I am hearing I just have to get me one of those honking tape runners that Leah, Jolene, Telah, and Amy have all talked about. So I guess that will be my next purchase...oh and by the way, I saw it tonight on Scrapbook.com. Looks like the are selling it now along with the refills. My faves for adhesive: definitely glue Dots, Xyron, and this vellum adhesive runner I found at Wal-Mart.

And now for this weeks FIVE!!!

Five Things that I have going on this weekend:

  1. Working on scrapping and craft projects that I have been wanting to work on for awhile...
  2. Pick out bedding and wall color for the girls room...the piece of furniture we ordered has been shipped so we need to get on the ball with this project...Here is the bedding I am considering for their bedroom. They both love it and I think it would be a nice transition for a little girls bedroom and something that they both can grow with. I found this at JcPenney's and I love it. It is very versatile and I was thinking that it would be easy to coordinate accessories... because I could just to solid colors with lamp shade, decorative pillows, blankets, etc. I have no idea though what color to paint the walls??? I am thinking that I don't need something too bold since the bedding is so busy??? What do y'all think?

3. Catch up my laundry piles...already made a pretty good dent in it this morning, but need to get it under control.

4. Making a big pot of chili, some baked spaghetti, and a few other things to freeze for the next couple of weeks meal prep...yummo...love that stuff when it is cold and snowing....like it was here this morning! The flakes were huge! I don't always cook ahead like this, but when I am in the mood and do it...I always find that it is so helpful to go to the freezer and have something to throw in the oven for supper on the nights I don't feel like cooking! Plus, my hubby likes my spicy chili and baked spaghetti...:) Thanks babe!!!

5. Try to start getting some birthday party ideas together...for a certain little girl's 4th birthday...she keeps asking me and now that she has realized it is Feb. I keep getting the question..."How many more days till my birthday?" Any ideas? Don't really want to do something huge, but want it to be fun...and right now I am fresh out of ideas! :)

Links to other Five On Friday participants:

4 comments:

Renee said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm looking around here now. Your kids are beautiful.
The JCPenney bedset above is exactly what my 11-year old wanted for her birthday. We never got it but maybe one day . . .

Telah said...

I would pull that light yellow out of the comforter sets to paint the walls. I think it would be a good background to busy-ness going on in the patterns...but, hey, what do I know?! LOL Oh and while you are at it...go ahead and make me a pot of chili too. :)

Jamie said...

Great lists Heather!
I agree with Telah. Go with a very light shade of yellow or blue - think robin's egg blue but very pale.
Hope to see you tonight!

cherylwray said...

LOve your post today! full of great stuff! I also LOVE rub-ons; I have been using them more lately and i really want to go buy a TON of them!! I really like that bed set; SO cute!!
I absolutely LOVE to plan birthday parties. Some of our favorites during that age range were: Blue's Clues party, Butterfly party, Fun n the Sun party (whichwould be kind of fun in the middle of winter!), Princess party, and Fashion/Karaoke party. (Can you tell that I have three girls and have done my share of bdays? LOL)
Hope you have a productive, fun weekend!!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations