Monday, February 12, 2007

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Happy Monday!  Just wanted to give a quick post and share something with you all...my sweet little Mallory is famous!  She isn't giving autographs yet...but give her time!  LOL

Seriously though, last summer...at the request of my Pap...I took some pictures of him and Mallory out in his garden to show off his plants.  He subscribes to a magazine called Garden Solutions...and he wanted to send some pictures in with a little write up telling about the seeds and fertilizers he uses in his garden to get such good results.  So I snapped a bunch of pictures and printed them and sent them to him a few weeks later.  He wrote up a little article and sent the pictures off to Garden Solutions.  Lo and behold, he got a letter back a few months later stating that he was going to be published in the February 2007 issue.  So Cool!  Anyway, they sent my Pap a complimentary copy in addition to his regular subscription...and he sent that extra copy to me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got this in the mail last week....of course it was addressed to Molly Jewell  - a.k.a Mallory!   My grandparents have nicknames for everyone...I won't tell you mine...but I have grown up hearing it so much... that if I were in the middle of the mall and heard it ...I would turn to look!  :)  Well anyway, they for some strange reason came up with Molly for my sweet Mallory, they call Kennedy...Peanut....and they call Parker - P.J.....Go figure! 

Mallory was so excited when she got this last week!!!!  I had to carry it in my purse of course and she would come get it and run around showing everyone.  She showed everyone at school, church, and just about anywhere we went.  Below, I cropped in on the actual part of the page they are featured on....my favorite part is where they cropped in and got the picture of just Pap's and Mallory's hands....that will make a great scrapbook page!!!!!  :)

Also, here are some more cards I made last night....I think I am done with card making for a little while. 

These last three are gatefold cards...which, in case you haven't noticed....I REALLY like this style...I didn't put magnets on these....but they still turned out pretty good.  After I finished these, I got all my cards addressed and mailed out ...I am so excited to send these to those I love!  :)

I still have a few Valentine "projects" that I am working on and still have to help Mallory finish her valentine cards for school...I am starting to feel a little crunched for time...but hopefully, Mallory and I can work tonight and get a lot done.  :

 

 This afternoon, I have three different challenges that I want to work on....PencilLines, Scrapjacked, and HMITM Challenge...

Me, Leah, and Telah have been trying to do these challenges and get involved with them....and let me just say that Leah and Telah have been rocking on getting layouts done.  They are my heros! I think they have submitted to each of these challenges...I got one in for Scrapjacked last week...so I have a lot to work on!   LOL ...but I AM going to get caught up!!!  :)  I love the challenges and it helps me to stay motivated and stretch my creativity.  If you haven't tried a challenge layout before...go to one of these sites and try one.  There are so fun! 

Hope everyone has a good day!  More later...



4 comments:

Jen said...

Yea, Mallory! How exciting! :D
I love your cards.
I found you through Life with Cheryl.

Amy Mowbray said...

How exciting for Molly! I love that nickname. And the picture is adorable. She looks so proud of those green beans.
Okay, the cards are awesome. You've been a busy. I really like the color combination you used in the first one.
Oh yeah, I'll speak for everyone and say that we would love to know your nickname! Or do you want us to start guessing? :)

Leah said...

That is too cool for school for Mallory!
Great Valentine Cards.. I am all about those colors right now. Lovin the pinks reds and black.
I've got to get busy on the challenges.. haven't done pencillines or HMITM for this week yet.. and I found 2 more sketch challenges on 2peas!

Brittany said...

JANE!!!!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations