Friday, August 15, 2008

Five on Friday

Let me just start by saying that I am a LIST maker!  I feel most organized and able to complete projects if I have a list made in my handy little notebook that I carry around everywhere I go.  I started to post yesterday and get back on track with Thursday Thirteen...and I will get back to that next week...but decided that thirteen items in this next list was a little too much to start of with for me.    In the meantime, I wanted to share some thoughts with you about my goals for the near future.  Hear me out....don't go clicking that red X up in the top right corner of your screen and telling me goodbye just yet.  :)

Life is a balancing act.   Wow!   I know that the first statement comes as a real shock to most of you.  However, it has taken me 33 years, 4 months, and 1 day to learn this very important lesson!  I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and I am trying to do some self-renovating (is that a word?)  I have said all summer...as soon as I get both girls settled into the school routine...there are many things I want to focus on for myself.   So now that we have completed our first full week of the school year...I think it is time to begin!  I know most people set goals in January...but I have chosen to start fresh now....a new school year for my girls and a new year for me too!

Yesterday I was going to list 13 goals that I have set for myself to accomplish during the first semester of this new school year.  My goal is to have these things accomplished, active and working, or just plain finished by Christmas time. Do you think I will make it?  :)    After contemplating that for a long time....I decided to break it up into smaller, more attainable lists.  I don't want to feel overwhelmed!  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew (which is usually what I do  :) )  So, for today I thought I would share the first five goals I have set.  As I complete things or begin to see them working well....I will mark them off and list a new 5!

I believe we all have room for improvement in our lives...even in what seem to be the most insignificant areas... I KNOW that I do and this is just really something that I need to do for me to feel like I am improving ....but also for the good of my family.   I have always used this BLOG as sort of my journal....mainly because I find it very easy to sit and type and express my thoughts.  So, I plan to record and update progress on this site to help me stay on track.  Here we go!

Here are the first 5 things:

  1. Increase the amount of time I spend in prayer and bible study.
  2. Get our family on a schedule and routine that works without us stressing over being somewhere at a specific time.
  3. Make and document memories more about all the little things my kids are doing....this translates to scrapbooking for me!  I would like to set aside two hours a week to work on catching up on the kids scrapbooks.
  4. Keep a journal of everyday events.
  5. Recognize my talents and gifts and not focus on what I CAN'T do...(with that being said...my goal for this is to learn more about photography and improve on my designing abilities and hopefully make a full time hobby/business from it...)

I know these first five are not quite as tangible as "Make the bed everyday."  But it is a starting point for me...and I am happy to say that I have already started making progress.  One last thing is this:  I know I am not perfect and don't think I have set unrealistic goals....these are just starting points and things I am going to try to focus and improve on one item at a time.  I still will have days where I don't feel like I accomplished many if any the goals...but I can wake up the next day ready to start fresh again!

See I can go ahead put a checkmark by #4 and #3...I am back to journaling here on the ole' blog and have scrapbooked a little this week.  Great start....I think!

 

Mallory-p001

Mallory-p003

  20336070b



4 comments:

Brianna Taylor said...

Love these scrapbook pages! I think that you'll do great with the goals! I'm also trying to learn more about photography.

Leah said...

Wonderful goals! And I'm loving those pages!

Becky Welch said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love yours! I will have to add you to my list so I can see more of your scrapbook pages!

Kimberly said...

Love your pages and hope you can make it to our next crop in September.Have a super day!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations