Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finally!

Remember this post?  Well, it has taken me a little time...but I finally am posting some pictures from my brother's wedding back in June.  It was definitely a memorable day with all the weather related inconveniences....but still a great day!

I am definitely a person who likes to combine and conquer as many things as I can into one project...and that is what you get in the pictures below.  Not only am I finally getting to post what I had promised weeks ago...but I am catching up on my memory keeping too.  I have finally been able to somewhat conquer  my severe "OCD" about having to scrapbook chronologically....or even that every picture must make it to a scrapbook...or that each scrapbook has to be made in a tradition 12x12 album....  So, now that I have been able to try some new things in my scrapbooking....it has been amazing at how much more I can accomplish in my few spare minutes each day.  Also, the fact that I have been gravitating toward doing more digital pages helps too....they are SOOOOO simple and easy for me to complete!

Click to play Chad and Mikie
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook
Click to play Chad and Mikie #2
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

So if you remember my post from the other day....it listed 5 goals of mine to complete and then I will tackle the next 5?

  1. Increase the amount of time I spend in prayer and bible study.
  2. Get our family on a schedule and routine that works without us stressing over being somewhere at a specific time.
  3. Make and document memories more about all the little things my kids are doing....this translates to scrapbooking for me!  I would like to set aside two hours a week to work on catching up on the kids scrapbooks.
  4. Keep a journal of everyday events.
  5. Recognize my talents and gifts and not focus on what I CAN'T do...(with that being said...my goal for this is to learn more about photography and improve on my designing abilities and hopefully make a full time hobby/business from it...)

 

As you can see...I have succeeded in at least beginning a process...not to say that I don't have room to improve and will continue to move forward on these items.  #1...well, that will always be my first and foremost area to improve upon....so it will never be crossed off the list.   I have started and we are working towards #2 and #5 and I will post about them tomorrow with some photos I took this afternoon and a new schedule that we are going to begin tomorrow.  So check back for that info!

Have a great evening everyone!



 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations