Sunday, March 27, 2011

When You Thought I wasn't looking...

Lately,  I have been thinking a lot about example and what kind of example I set...not just for my children, but for any person I encounter along the way.   I am striving to teach by example when it comes to my children.  Naturally, they are my first and foremost priority when it comes to teaching about serving God.
At the close of many days, I think about the example that I showed others during the day.  Unfortunately, there are days that I know I failed in setting the right example for my own children and others that I have encountered.  
I am so thankful that, even on those days that I mess up and many of my imperfections come to the surface, I serve a God that has provided a way for me to come before Him and ask for forgiveness and help to do better in the days to come.

  Around our house for the last few months, I have heard these words coming from the mouths of my precious children.
 "Serving God by serving others!"
  Nothing makes me happier than to hear those words coming from the lips of my children...because it reminds me that EVERYONE can serve God by serving others!

  WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING...
  
   (A message every adult should read, because children
   are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say!)


   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my
   first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted
   to paint another one.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you feed a
   stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind
   to animals.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my
   favorite cake for me and I learned that the little things could be
   the special things in life.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a
   prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always
   talk to and I learned to trust in God.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make a
   meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I
   learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of
   your time and money to help people who had nothing
   and I learned that those who have something should
   give to those who don't.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take
   care of our house and everyone in it and I learned
   we have to take care of what we are given.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you
   handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't
   feel good and I learned that I would have to be
   responsible when I grow up.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come
   from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things
   hurt, but it's all right to cry.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you
   cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of
   life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and
   productive person when I grow up.

   When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you
   and wanted to say, "Thanks for all the things I saw
   when you thought I wasn't looking."

  Little eyes see a lot.
   Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle,
   teacher or friend) influences the life of a child.
   How will you touch the life of someone today?
 

0 comments:

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations