Monday, February 22, 2010

Strong Woman vs. Woman of Strength

When I decided to get back to blogging and to use it as my "journal" of sorts...one thing I wanted to make sure I included was a section that would help me to be better at setting time aside daily for personal Bible study. I think it is safe to say that many of us "plan" or have a goal to make time to read our Bible's daily...but in all honesty, I know for me...it doesn't always go as I plan. Even as much as I like things to be on a daily schedule and my lists to all be in order (yes, I am a major list maker)...sticking to an organized schedule hasn't been so easy over the last year.

I will admit that the majority of my reasoning behind doing this daily is to benefit me and improve the amount of time I spend reading and studying God's word and the principles found in it. I know that I have learned over the years that the best study method for me is writing and repeating the information I need to learn.

This section of my blog is strictly for growth. Spiritual growth, growth as a wife and mother, a daughter, a friend...however you want to apply it to your life. I won't claim that everything posted here will be a masterpiece...because it won't be. However, it will be a scripture, poem, or a thought that I came across in my own study and wanted to share with others.

Last night came across this poem in a book titled Worthy Women written by Mary Alice Wilhelm. She could not give credit to the original author because it was a poem that she had found somewhere on the internet.

I have read this book before and decided to start reading back through it again. I am sure I had read this poem before...but I guess I never really paid as much attention as I did last night.

Strong Woman vs. Woman of Strength

A strong woman works out every day to keep her body in shape...
but a woman of strength kneels in prayer to keep her soul in shape.

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
but a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear.

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her...
but a woman of strength give the best of herself to everyone.

A strong woman walks sure footedly...
but a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls.

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face...
but a woman of strength wears grace.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey...
but a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong.

I loved reading this poem and must admit that it made me a little emotional...but more than that it gave me a little kick in the pants...which I needed so badly! I plan on posting this somewhere in the house where I can read it DAILY to help me remember that strength does not come from myself but from God!

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

This was copyrighted 2005 by Dee Cheeks (found it a couple of places on the Internet). This will go in my "clippings" folder and will be dressed up "pretty" in Word an posted somewhere as a reminder for me, too. Thanks so much for sharing this!

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations