Thursday, October 16, 2008

Potty Training anyone?

Picture 156

How can it be that all my babies are growing up so fast?  This little precious boy is ready to head to the next step....one more step away from being my baby boy!  Yikes! 

Parker just came walking into me in the study diaperless and wondering what he should do?  Of course I quickly found the diaper that he had removed on his own and found a little surprise, and then on the potty I found another surprise, and he very quickly got a clean diaper from his Mama.  I couldn't help but chuckle and of course I praised him for wanting to go to the potty....but tried to explain that you only take the diaper off if Mama knows you are doing it. 

I guess it is time to start the potty training.  Any suggestions for boys?  It makes me nervous...and I have put it off so long because I guess I just don't want him to grow up yet.  But I know .... it IS time! 

Here is the even more funny part of the story from above....all morning the kids have been watching episodes of Jon and Kate plus 8.  Parker had been sitting watching an episode on Kate potty training the kids.....and when I missed him.....guess where I found him?  Who says kids don't pay attention?  He definitely was and he AIN'T no dummy!  :)



3 comments:

Telah said...

Bring on the potty training! You can do it! But I won't lie to you...boys aren't as easy as girls. In my opinion.

Amydc said...

If I knew y'all were doing Disney- I forgot. We are going in a couple of weeks. I need to call you.
So your chillin didn't know y'all were going? That's probably very smart b/c Audrey asks several times a day: "Mama, is it time for Disney World yet"?
I'll email you on when's a good time to call.

Coleen said...

Boy oh boy, potty training is an adventure all it's own... We're going through it with our daughter right now, and while we celebrate the small victories, it's tough not to chuckle at the accidents too....

 

Template and Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations